Building Code Information
In the Village of Richfield, construction regulations are found in Chapter 135 of the village code entitled, building construction. This chapter provides certain minimum standards, provisions, and requirements for safe and stable structural design; methods of construction, and uses of materials in buildings and/or structures erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, converted or demolished. It also regulates the equipment, maintenance, use and occupancy of all such buildings and/or structures.
Building codes are enforced in the village to protect and foster the health, safety, and well-being of persons occupying or using such buildings and the general public. The provisions in Chapter 135 of the village code supplement the Wisconsin State Statutes pertaining to construction and use and any other zoning amendments thereto.
The Village offers payment online for permits for Electrical, HVAC, and Plumbing. This service is offered by our website, CivicPlus, which has a service fee associated with the convenience of paying online in order to cover our base costs. All major credit cards are accepted. For information regarding your online payment, please contact Assistant to the Administrator Jim Healy at (262)-628-2260 Ext. 114.
Building Project Requirements
- Addition Requirements (PDF)
- Detached Garage Requirements (PDF)
- Deck Requirements (PDF)
- Driveway & Culvert Requirements (PDF)
- Fence Requirements (PDF)
- Foundation and Footing Requirements (PDF)
- Holding Tank Agreement (PDF)
- New Home Requirements (PDF)
- Rec Room - Basement Finishing Requirements (PDF)
- Roofing and Siding Requirements (PDF)
- Shed Requirements (PDF)
- Sign Requirements (PDF)
- Site Sizing Chart (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Requirements (PDF)
- Zoning Setback Requirements (PDF)